Dayton VA Medical Center, Ohio
Substance Abuse Treatment Program (SATP)
The Mental Health Service provides a wide-range of services designed to assist Veterans, who are experiencing problems with substance use disorders. Programs are designed to assist those who are abusing alcohol and/or other drugs. By utilizing assessment, treatment, and referral services in a Evidence Base Recovery Model, Veterans are helped in returning to a sober lifestyle. Available programs include:
- Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Programs (SARRTP), PRP Residential Care - A 28 day residential program that requires Veterans to remain in the Dayton VAMC Domiciliary residential care facility for up to four weeks.
- Dual DiagnosisTreatment Program (SARRTP) - A Domiciliary residential program (up to 2 months) designed to assist Veterans who are experiencing substance use disorders difficulties along with other diagnosed mental health problems.
- Opiate Treatment Program (OTP) - An outpatient methadone maintenance/Treatment program which provides medical and psycho-social services in addition to daily methadone dosing.
- Outpatient Care - For those Veterans in need of outpatient services, a complete assessment is provided which addresses medical and psychosocial needs. Services are provided largely through individual/group counseling and educational sessions.
- Aftercare - Follow-up services delivered after the completion of residential or outpatient care. The purpose of aftercare is for continued support for individuals pursuing a sober lifestyle. For more information, contact (937) 268-6511 ext. 2188.
- Ambulatory Detox Treatment - Provides eligible Veterans with uncomplicated detoxification treatment from alcohol or other substances.
- Veterans Justice Outreach - Program is specific to Outreach for Veterans Incarcerated in County Jails
- VA Enrollment for Eligible Veterans
- Coordination with Court System
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Community Based Outpatient Treatment for Substance Abuse Problems
- 937-268-6511 Ext. 2188
Hours of Operation
- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm