Dayton VA Medical Center, Ohio
Medication refills may be requested 24 hours a day 7 day a week:
Online using the Internet Fast and Easy
VA's My HealtheVet Program at www.myhealth.va.gov.
* Registered users can refill VA prescriptions online and view their prescription history.
Phone toll-free Fast and Easy 1-800
An automated telephone refills system may be used by calling 1-800-379-8387
You will need a touch-tone phone, your social security number, and prescription number(s) you wish to refill.
Medication refills may be requested by mailing the computer refill notice that came with your most recent fill. Your request will be filled through our Pharmacy mail-out program.
About the Program
The Dayton VA Medical Center Pharmacy process thousands of prescriptions daily. Many of these prescriptions are filled by the Central Mailout Pharmacy (CMOP). Prescriptions may be refilled by phone or the Internet on My HealtheVet.
Automated Refill Line
An automated refill line is available for all the Dayton VA Medical Center and Community Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) patients. Please call one of the following numbers —
- (937) 267-5325 (Dayton area)
- 1-800-368-8262 (from outside the Dayton area)
- After you have dialed the number, wait for the automated attendant to answer.
- Select option 1 to reach the automated pharmacy and scheduling system.
- Wait for an answer, and then follow the telephone prompts.
If you are using the automated refill line, all refills should be ordered at least ten days prior to when the refill is due to insure prompt processing and delivery time.
We do not automatically refill prescriptions.
A medication prescription is void after one year no matter the number of refills remaining. Controlled substances refills are void after six months from date of issue. Certain controlled substances (Schedule II - for example: Percocet, Morphine), require a new written prescription for each refill. New prescriptions may be picked up at the pharmacy or mailed to your home.
Prescriptions may also be filled online using VA's My HealtheVet program. You will need a user ID and password to log in. If you do not have one, you can easily get one by registering online. You can also visit the Director's Office and speak to our MyHealtheVet Coordinator, Naomi Cayson for assistance with My HealtheVet. Naomi Cayson can be reached at 937-268-6511 ext.1114.
To refill existing prescriptions, one of the following options:
- My Healthy Vet at www.myhealth.va.gov
- VA Auto phone at (800) 368-8262 (the automated telephone refill system)
- Regular mail (mail your refill form to the pharmacy at least two weeks before your supply runs out to allow for processing time.)
Refills at the Dayton VA Medical Center Pharmacy
All Veterans are encouraged to refill their prescriptions by phone or Internet. Because of our patient workload, prescriptions cannot be refilled at the main Dayton VA Medical Center pharmacy window.
Please visit My HealtheVet for information about any prescription you may be taking. You can click on the Research Health tab and then click on the sub tab titled Medical Library. Click on Medline Plus and then click on the link Drug info. You can also visit the VA National Formulary web site for drug information.
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Monday - Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturdays; 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Inpatient Pharmacy (inpatient hospitalized Veterans only)
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Pharmacy Administration Office
- Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
View the First Floor Map to find these services and other locations.
The Outpatient Pharmacy and the Pharmacy Administrative Offices are closed on all federal holidays.
- 937-268-6511 Ext. 2189
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturdays; 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.