If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
The Mental Health Service will provide equitable access to a full continuum of care across the facility. The Service will provide, consistent with national policy, place priority emphasis on VHA-designed special populations, which include the seriously mentally ill, patients with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, homeless Veterans and substance abusing Veterans.
The Mental Health Service will develop and disseminate new knowledge about care of Veterans with mental illness through research and training of new mental health professionals. The Mental Health Service will collaborate with community agencies and advocacy groups to enhance the care and services provided directly by the Mental Health Service.
Some of the programs and services under the Mental Health Service include:
- Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment
- Mental Health Clinic
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center (PRRC)
- Community Residential Care (CRC) Program
- Family Services Program
- Mental Health Intensive Case Management (MHICM)
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation (PSR) Program
- Veterans Industries (VI)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Substance Abuse Treatment Programs
- Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Program (MH RRTP)
- Grant & Per Diem Program
- Housing and Urban Development and the Department of Veterans Affairs Supported Housing (HUD-VASH) Program
- Suicide Prevention Program
- Veterans Justice Outreach Program
- Health Psychology
- Military Sexual Trauma Treatment
Mental Health Outreach: Mental Health Services are also available through the following Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) under Dayton VA Medical Center:
- Lima CBOC (937) 268-6511 ext. 6820
- Middletown CBOC (937) 268-6511 ext. 5637
- Springfield CBOC (937) 268-6511 ext. 5720
- Richmond, Indiana CBOC (937) 268-6511 ext. 5895
You may contact Dayton VA's Mental Health Outreach Coordinator at (937) 268-6511 ext. 3113.
- Building 330 7th Floor
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm