Take a Tour of Victory Ridge
Dayton VA Hospice is here to support our Veterans when their Physician has told them they have a serious incurable illness and need hospice services.
Dayton VA Hospice supports our Veterans as they focus on the things that mean the most to them, with the goal of completing their lives with meaning and purpose.
The mission of Dayton VA Hospice is to provide a comfortable and peaceful environment for our Veterans to celebrate life one day at a time surrounded by family and friends.
Meeting the needs of our Veterans who have sacrificed so much for our great country is both an Honor and a Privilege. Dayton VA Hospice provides our services with Honor and Respect for the sacrifices our Veterans deserve.
Hospice is a covered benefit for all enrolled Veterans at no cost
Dayton VA Hospice is known as Victory Ridge and includes: 24/7 visitation with family and friends with family sleeping areas.
- Family room with gathering areas, aviary and aquarium for celebrating life and includes a children’s play area.
- Reading area to promote relaxation while enjoying rotation of the sky above with the sky view projection system while listening to favorite music and surrounded by gentle aroma therapy.
- Reflection room for Veterans and Families to spend quiet time as they look out of the specially designed stain glass window depicting the peaceful journey of Veterans going to the light.
- Spa area with state of the art Whirlpool tub and massage therapy area infused with aroma therapy.
- Dining area with Family kitchen area.
- Full stocked Volunteer Kitchen to prepare home prepared special meals for Veterans and their families.
- Outside courtyard to enjoy the seasons which is accessible by both hospital beds and wheelchairs.
- Large Private Veteran Rooms complete with family sleeping area and fully accessible handicap bathroom.
- Patient Lifting devices in all Veteran care areas: ceiling lifts, allows staff to lift patients injury free. Veterans benefit greatly as the lifting procedure is much safer, more comfortable and maintains dignity.
Services provided are as follows:
- Coordination of Home Hospice services with our Community Hospice Partners.
- Full Hospice Interdisciplinary Team which includes; Certified Palliative Physicians, Nurses, Social Worker, Chaplain, Psychologist, Dietician, Community Health Nurse, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Recreation Therapist, Massage Therapist and Wonderful Volunteers.
- Provide bedside Volunteers who are Veterans that understand the unique needs of Veterans.
- Trained Volunteers who prepare special foods for the weekly quality of life celebration and for other special life events.
- Provide the No One Dies Alone Volunteer for the Veteran without family or friends at bedside to assure no one dies alone.
- Review Military Burial and Benefits with Veterans and Families.
- Offer to provide the Veteran the opportunity for life legacy which includes the review of their military life review process which offers hope and healing.
- Provide a pinning ceremony to honor the Veterans military service.
- Pet Therapy provided by VAVs Volunteers.
- Coordinated Veteran family pet visits.
- Provided individual and group counseling for both Veteran and family for closure.
- Provide thirteen months of aftercare for families and friends of Veterans.
- Annual Memorial Service with full military honors for family members and friends to celebrate the lives of the Veterans who died in VA Hospice.