Dayton VA Medical Center, Ohio
The Dayton VA Medical Center Announces Plans to Expand Richmond Community Based Outpatient Clinic
April 12, 2013
|What:||Dayton, OH — The Dayton VA Medical Center announces plans to expand Richmond Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC)|
|When:||Thursday, April 11, 2013|
|Where:||Wayne County Indiana, Chamber of Commerce
33 South 7th Street, Route #2
Richmond, IN 47374
|Contact:||Kimberly Frisco, Acting Public Affairs Officer, Dayton VAMC, (937) 268-6511,
Ext. 1396. Tenisha Smith, Public Affairs Specialist, Dayton VA Medical Center, (937) 268-6511, Ext. 1875.
The Dayton VA Medical Center will host a press a conference at the Wayne County, Indiana Chamber of Commerce to share with the community the expansion needs and pre-solicitation process for a new lease for our Richmond Community Based Outpatient Clinic. We believe this lease opportunity is a great economic prospect for the Richmond Community and would be a great asset to the Veterans we serve. Some benefits of the relocation of the Richmond CBOC include:
- Easy and quick access from major local highways 70 and Route 40 & 27.
- Improved parking by adding more than 100 spaces in parking the parking area.
- Located near numerous shopping and dining amenities.
- Doubling the existing capacity, by adding 5,600 additional square feet of clinic space, including a lobby and waiting room for a total of 12,000 square feet.
- Dedicated exam room for TeleHealth* and other specialty services.
* TeleHealth is a way for Veterans to get their health care closer to home at a Community Based Outpatient Clinic, at the main hospital or even in their home. TeleHealth includes: diabetic eye screening, clinical video telehealth (provider speaks with the patient in real-time.)