Dayton VA Medical Center, Ohio
News, Events & Media Home
The Public Affairs Office serves as the initial contact for Media Inquiries from individuals (Television Stations' Reporters/Photographers, Cable Access TV and Radio Reporters/Photographers, Newspaper Reporters, etc.) seeking information about the Dayton VA Medical Center or wishing to interview staff. It is important that "All Media Inquiries" be referred to and processed by Ted Froats, Public Affairs Officer (PAO), at (937) 267-3919 to ensure the protection and integrity of the Veterans we serve.
The Public Affairs Office will:
- Respond to all media inquiries, acting as the spokesperson for the Medical Center.
- Inform media of newsworthy items about the Medical Center.
- Contact the Public Affairs Office to arrange all interviews with Dayton VAMC staff. Use the contact information listed above.
- At least a 48 hour notice is necessary to schedule on-site interviews or photo shoots in order to arrange a location and to contact the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- A Public Affairs staff member will accompany all media personnel during the duration of the interview and/or photo shoot to ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) regulations. Also, to ensure that the needs of the media personnel exceed expectation.
- If you are media personnel and want to do a story on a Veteran's military experience, we encourage you to contact the Dayton VAMC's Veterans Service Office (VSO). For a detailed list of VSO organizations and numbers click the following link: Veterans Service Organizations
- Dayton VA Medical Center B-Roll:
For Questions/Additional Information:
Dayton VA Medical Center
4100 West Third Street Dayton,
Public Affairs Officer
Telephone: (937) 268-6511, Ext. 3919
Email: Ted Froats***
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
*** These links use regular e-mail and are not secure. Do not send personal or medical information unprotected over the Internet. If you wish to send personal information please use the secure Ask a Question form.