Dayton VA Medical Center, Ohio
How to Volunteer
Volunteer Application Process
1. Confirm that Volunteer Assignments are available by clicking Volunteer Assignments.
2. Complete online orientation including all volunteer orientation documents.
3. Call Voluntary Services office to set up interview with the staff at (937) 262-2162.
4. Interview with Voluntary Services Staff (a second interview maybe required.)
5. If accepted into program then Background check (free on VA Campus) will be required.
6. Tuberculin Skin (PPD) Test (free on VA Campus.)
7. Agree to commit to volunteer for 6 months and 100 hours (equal to about 4-6 hours a week)
8. Once background check and PPD screening are cleared, then the new Volunteer will be notified of start date and position, and will receive a Volunteer ID badge on first day.
***SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE INTO PROGRAM***
Volunteer Orientation Documents
1. Read the Volunteer Handbook.
2. Complete the following forms in their entirety:
a. Complete the VHA 10-7055 Application form.
b. Read the VA Privacy Training form and complete the back page.
c. Complete the Volunteer Summary Page.
d. Complete the Volunteer Orientation Checklist.
3. Once completed, please call the Volunteer Services office to arrange an interview (937) 262-2162.
Please note: If you have trouble accessing the documents or you know someone who does not have access to a computer these forms may be picked up in Voluntary Services, Building 305, Room 101 or 102.
Thank you for stopping by and we look forward to talking with you on how to serve our Veterans.