Dayton VA Medical Center, Ohio
Current Operating Status
As of Friday, May 7, 2021 1:26 PM EDT
Dayton VA Medical Center Hosting COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics
Starting Saturday, May 15 the Dayton VA Medical Center has COVID-19 vaccine clinics for all Veterans, spouses, and caregivers Wednesdays 8:00 am – 3:30 pm and Saturdays 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. Call 937-268-6511 ext. 4067 or option 8 to schedule an appointment. Walk ins welcome 8:00 am – 11:00 am. Johnson & Johnson vaccine is offered only on May 15 and June 12 in the red and blue areas. Moderna vaccines are available at every clinic.
The Dayton VA Medical Center continues to take proactive steps to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease, known as COVID-19.
For your safety and for the safety of our staff and patients, if you are sick, please call your Primary Care Provider or the Medical Center at (937) 268-6511 prior to coming to any Dayton VA facility. Many appointments are being converted to virtual appointments. Please check with your provider for more information.
Veterans may change their appointments to a telehealth appointment. Please call your provider to ask if this is an option. If telehealth is not available, providers may be able to do a telephone appointment. Not all appointments will be ideal for telehealth or phone call, discuss with your provider if it’s the best option for you.
Download the Telehealth App and see the instructions on how to get started:
Please read the Dayton VA Medical Center's updated visitor policy. We thank our Veterans and community for their understanding during this time:
The Dayton VA Medical Center is not allowing visitors/general public into our facilities except for those directly assisting or caring for a Veteran to include any end of life care.
Directly assisting or caring for a Veteran is defined as :
• A single individual responsible for transporting a patient coming for a procedure or being discharged from the hospital.
• A single designated partner or primary caretaker.
• End-of-life situations.
• Each visitor will be screened upon entry to the hospital for symptoms related to COVID-19.
• Patients are limited to one visitor at a time.
• No visitors under age 18.
• Visitors are not permitted to see patients if they exhibit any respiratory illness symptoms (coughing, sneezing, runny nose, fever, etc..)
• Visitors are not permitted if they have traveled internationally or places with high incidents of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
• All visitors will follow respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette precautions while in the common areas of the facility.
All events are cancelled until further notice. This includes tables, booths, exhibits, ribbon cuttings, food pantries, health fairs, job fairs, etc. Treatment Groups/Support Groups are still running as scheduled this time. Please call your local point of contact prior to traveling for questions regarding cancellations.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-937-268-6511 ext. 0
- Change Your Appointment: 1-937-268-6511
- Media Inquiries: 1-937-267-3919
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 1-937-268-6511 ext. 0
- Pharmacy Refill: 1-937-267-5325
- Staff Locator: 1-937-268-6511 ext. 2495
- Telephone Care: 1-888-838-6446
- Dayton VA Medical Center: 937-268-6511, 1-800-369-8262