The Women Veterans Health Program (WVHP) crosses Services at the Dayton VAMC as well as inpatient and outpatient programs to assure access to VA healthcare for eligible Women Veterans. Designated Women's Health Primary Care Providers are available at each site of care.
Women Veterans' healthcare needs expand across the continuum of care from outpatient care (primary and specialty care) to inpatient care (medical/surgical and mental healthcare) and long-term care.
The WVHP goal is to address the needs of Women Veterans by providing accessible comprehensive healthcare throughout their lifespan.
- Health Care Team
- How to Access Services
- Center Location
- Clinic Hours
- Scheduling Appointments
- For More Information
- Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) Women's Health Liaisons
- To honor Women Veterans by promoting their health and welfare with dignity and privacy in a secure and safe environment.
- To provide exceptional health care to improve Women Veterans' health and well being.
- To reach out to Women Veterans and help them take advantage of their health care benefits.
- To promote excellence in health care throughout the life span of our Women Veterans.
- To provide excellence in education and research.
- To be an active community partner toward improvement of Women Veterans' health care.
Honorably discharged Veterans are eligible. Women covered by Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) are also eligible.
- Primary Care Physician
- Physician Consultant
- Advanced Mid-Level Practitioner
- Nursing Personnel
- Women Veteran Program Manager
- Women's Health
- Other Specialists
Women who believe they are eligible for care can call 1-800-368-8262, ext. 2128.
Please bring your DD214 or your CHAMPVA insurance card for registration and/or enrollment.
4100 W. Third Street
Building 341, Primary Care Addition (PCA)
Dayton, Ohio 45428
8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Scheduled appointments only.
Appointments can be scheduled Monday - Friday between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
Gynecology screening: (937) 267-3921
Primary Care Clinic: (937) 267-3921
- PAP Smears
- Breast Exams
- HIV Testing
- Mammography Referrals
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- High Blood Pressure Screening
- DEXA Scan
- Hormone Replacement
- Birth Control
- Weight Management
- Maternity Care Referrals
- Tobacco Cessation
- Stress Incontinence
- Menopause Screening And Treatment
- Specialty Care (by referral)
- Gynecology Consultant Clinic
- Surgical Breast Evaluation Clinic
Other Services Available
- Mental Health Services
- Behavior Mental Health
- Group Therapy
- Individual Counseling
- Inpatient Care & Outpatient Care
- Counseling and Treatment for Sexual Trauma
- Counseling and Treatment for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Comprehensive Social Work Services
Women Veterans Program Manager
Nicole H. Armitage, PhD, WHNP-BC
(937) 268-6511, ext. 1907
Women Veterans Health Center
(937) 267-3921 or (937) 268-6511, ext. 3921
Lima: Julie Horstman LPN, (419) 222-5788, ext. 6839
Middletown: Bethann Graham, LPN (513) 423-8387, ext. 5615
Springfield: Jolene Gottlieb, LPN (937) 328-3385, ext. 5722
Richmond: Jody Smith, LPN (765) 973-6915, ext.6151
Women Veternas Call Center 1-855-VA-WOMEN-Dedicated to Serving Women Veterans
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.